If your role permits, follow these steps to edit a user’s profile, including their name, phone number, job title, and location. To change a user's email address, see Change a user’s email address.
You can also change their account-specific user role and change their status to active, inactive, or unverified. Deactivating a user rather than deleting a user preserves the user data such as applicant notes and interview feedback. For example, you can deactivate a user who has gone on an extended leave. When they return to work, use the same process to reactivate them.
To edit a user’s profile
- In the upper-right corner, select your initials > Settings.
- On the Users tab, find the user whose profile you want to edit and select View. (Alternatively, click or tap anywhere on the user’s row.)
- On the Edit Profile form, edit the fields as needed. Required fields are designated on-screen by a red asterisk *.
To change the user’s account-specific role, select the new role from the Account Specific User Role dropdown list.
Assigning an account-specific role to a user grants them special permissions and access to different features. See About roles and permissions.
To change the user’s status, select the appropriate option from the Status dropdown list:
- Inactive – Deactivates the user, without deleting them.
- Active – Reactivates the user.
- Unverified – Reverts the user to the unverified state and resends them the invitation email.
- When ready, select Save.
© 2022 SH Inc. All rights reserved.